G4C asked the Head of Regeneration in the government’s IPA, Phillip Williams how we will meet the housing requirements of the future.
Watch Phillip’s response where he outlines the recommendations of the recent government white paper and explains how we can provide 160,000 new homes through grants, finance, freeing up more land and creating a streamlined planning process.
- How do we encourage more quality housing developments?
- Where should we be building new houses?
- Can UK households be encouraged to be more environmentally friendly?
- Are there any plans for distributed energy systems?
- Can government policy support more innovative housing design?
- How can we tackle the housing shortage?